Two new restaurants open by Donutland

Plastic curtains can be seen draping down against the restaurant’s front windows, as seen in the image above.

Juliana Villanueva, Staff Writer

Two upcoming eateries – Samurai Sushi and Thai as well as the ‘60s Diner – have leased and opened venues alongside Donutland. 

Donutland is a donut-shop located at 19350 SW Boones Ferry Road, and it will have other restaurants beside it opening soon. 

“The City Council on Feb. 10 approved a new liquor license for 60’s Café & Diner,” Tualatin Life disclosed in an article written on Mar. 8, 2020. 

Tualatin’s City Council approved the new license on Feb. 10, 2020. With the new license, adults and kids alike will have two brand new restaurants to enjoy, close to home. 

The ‘60s Diner was reported to still be under construction in the last few months or so by onlookers. 

“‘’60s Diner probably has been here for a few months,” Tualatin High School freshman Ramiro Ortiz recalled.

A $250,000 economic stabilization fund has provided grants to 54 small businesses in Tualatin, according to the city,” Tualatin Life stated in another article on June 1, 2020.

During the pandemic, businesses were hit hard. Construction could have been delayed since indoor dining was prohibited. Dining inside is now allowed. 

The other restaurant, Samurai Sushi and Thai, popped up recently. No information about Samurai Sushi and Thai has been publicized yet. 

Both restaurants have garnered the same amount of attention from residents of Tualatin. 

Students at Tualatin High School who have their driver’s licenses and passes to leave campus for lunch can stop by to pick up lunch. 

Ortiz lives nearby Donutland. 

“We usually go up there during the weekend to pick up some donuts,” Ortiz said about his family. “I’m looking forward to seeing what they have because they’ve been there for a while and they haven’t opened yet.”

Many others share the same excitement.

Their new location is thought to be convenient for both new restaurants since they are right next to Donutland, a local favorite. As new restaurants that add cuisine variety, ‘60s Diner and Samurai Sushi and Thai are hoped to be wonderful additions to the Tualatin community.