Students run show behind scenes of Wolf Cafe

Photo of Wolf Cafe.

Lucy Lyons, Staff Writer

The Wolf Cafe is filled each lunch with students who are captivated by the warm and safe environment. You may have heard about the popular grilled cheese or famous fruit smoothies the cafe offers. 

To get an insight into how the cafe runs, The Wolf interviewed junior Emily Cornejo. 

“It is so fun. I love the environment and family we’ve created.”

Cornejo works as the food product line manager, teaming with her partner and selecting foods they want to sell for the upcoming months. She also works with culinary arts teacher Heidi McManus to determine prices and packaging for products. Every other day, Cornejo and four other members run the cafe during one of the lunches.

The cafe staff also includes two CEOs, a COO, a promotions and visuals head person, a pastry and drink line manager and some assistants. 

“We also get some help from Ms. McManus since she makes the products we sell and from Sals, the business teacher. She guides us to be in the right place.”

The cafe also aims to make changes often, continuously offering new food and drinks. For March, the cafe plans to serve avocado toast and decorate the exterior of the cafe in festive St. Patrick’s Day colors. Some of their most popular items have been seasonal, such as their Valentine’s Day cake pops, which sold out on the first day. Other popular items include grilled cheese and turkey panini. Cornejo recommends a mango smoothie with two pumps of passion fruit.