Spring Concerts: How to look your best while jamming out

Madison Dowell, Staff Writer

Many concerts are soon coming to Portland, and the ultimate question has consumed attendees minds: What should you wear? Here’s a helpful guide to what’s appropriate for upcoming events.

1. Mitski: Laurel Hell

Earth tones like burgundy or emerald green would be appropriate, or you could opt for a darker palette with brown or black. Loose clothes like a maxi dress or flared pants will be optimal for swaying along to the calming voice of Mitski Miyawaki. Be sure to wear your usual lipstick, and you’re all set to cry the night away.

2. Dua Lipa: Future Nostalgia

Sparkles and bright colors might have you matching with everyone, but who doesn’t want to shine bright in front of Miss Lipa? Short skirts and cute crop tops are best, but bring a puffer jacket so you don’t freeze when you’re walking back to Moda Center’s giant parking lot.

3. Tyler, the Creator: Call Me If You Get Lost

Tyler’s style is understated yet fashionable, so to channel him you could wear cargo shorts and a pastel hoodie. For accessories, try a simple chain or a bucket hat. If you want to show that you’re a true fan, wear a Golf tee-shirt, blue jeans and a Golf baseball cap.

4. Bad Bunny: World’s Hottest Tour

Androgyny is a theme in many Bad Bunny outfits, so both men’s and women’s clothing are essential for this concert. Try a printed, button-down, solid-color skirt and some sneakers to match. Don’t be afraid to be eccentric, and get a second opinion if you’re concerned about color combos.

5. Olivia Rodrigo: Sour

A lot of Miss Rodrigo’s aesthetic is centered around high school, so you already have this in the bag. Your favorite pair of jeans, a graphic tee and a bright cardigan could work for a more casual look. To stand out more, try chunky shoes, patterned pants, a plain shirt and a statement jacket. Put a bunch of stickers on your face, and you’re ready to scream your heart out.