Seniors set scene for underclassmen with advice for upcoming school year

Cyrah Carlson, Co-Fold Editor

As we inch closer to the end of the school year, underclassmen are beginning to worry about stepping into the large shoes seniors have left them to fill. Prioritizing mental health is crucial when entering the upperclassman years of high school. The Wolf wanted to provide you with the most honest and straightforward info possible, so from the mouths of TuHS seniors, here are some tips and advice as you move forward in your high school career. 

Senior Simone Sienkiewicz shared her advice for underclassmen students.

Q: What do you suggest to underclassmen concerning mental health?

A: Prioritize doing the things that make you happy; a lot of times, it is easy to fall into the high-anxiety mindset that school creates, so doing one thing you look forward to each day can make the harder times more manageable. Make your mental and physical health your number one priority.

Q: What piece of advice would you give to underclassmen?

A: By putting yourself out there, meeting new people and doing well in your classes, you will open doors to new opportunities. Don’t be afraid to put yourself out there and try new things. Also don’t stress about things you can’t control. It takes the fun out of life.

Senior Jeylee Ayala offered the following wisdom.

Q: What is something you wish you knew before beginning junior and senior years?

A: I wish I knew that there would be a lot of changes in my life. Both for the good and the bad!

Q: What high school advice would you give to underclassmen?

A: A piece of advice I would give an underclassman is to not be intimidated to try new things. Experiences make high school fun. Truly, no one is judging you. Everyone is doing their own thing, so you do you!

In all, don’t put too much pressure on yourself, and prioritize your mental and physical health. Your upperclassman years are not as intimidating as they may seem; take your time, and try new things when the opportunity is given to you. Spend this summer recharging and relaxing, keeping in mind the advice given to you for the upcoming 2022-23 school year!