Frida Ruiz
Frida Ruiz
Staff Writer & Graphics Team

Fans look forward to upcoming albums

Photo by Rachael Sanford

With a new year comes new music. Whether it be an experimental, debut or deluxe album, releases are always something exciting to look forward to. 2024 is a year of opportunity for artists, and fans are anticipating these three albums to start off the spring season.

Faye Webster is working on a creative and intimate listening experience. 

Recorded at Sonic Ranch Studios in Texas with [my] longtime band, Underdressed at the Symphony explores emotional intimacy and how desire and passion are often at odds with comfort, understanding and platonic love,” she shared with Yahoo Entertainment. 

This album has already hit the surface of the media as it includes two previously released songs, “Lifetime” and “But not kiss,” as well as “Lego Ring.” If you’ve heard that clip of “Lego Ring” With Lil Yatchy floating around, then you’re probably anticipating what more this album has to offer, which will be found out March 1.

As March continues, only days later, March 8 holds another potential work of art, with Matt Maltese’s cover album Songs That Aren’t Mine. The album highlights a cover of “Kiss Me” originally written by Sixpence None the Richer. 

Songs That Aren’t Mine is an album of all my favorite songs since childhood, recorded at home with friends last year,” Maltese explains. “In the early part of last summer, I reconnected with the first producer I ever worked with – Alex Burey – and we started playing around with versions of other people’s songs for fun. It started off as a kind of escape from the album writing cycles my life is often shaped by, and then of course we took it too far and made a whole album.” Diversevinyl.com.

Metro Boomin and J.I.D. ‘s hinted album J&MB 1” is also in the works. This album has been a topic of conversation for a while, as fans caught on tweets, social media posts and other music-related events. The comment section on Genius.com offers an idea of what’s to come. 

At first fans thought they would only receive a song from the duo, after JID said he rapped over a Metro beat and was ‘the hardest thing he ever heard’ on March 22, 2023,” one fan wrote. “This belief would be further proved when Metro Boomin posted a picture of the two in the studio on March 28, 2023. However, JID would inform fans that the duo has an entire album on the way, instead of just a song. This would also be later confirmed by Metro on his Instagram story.” 

While this album’s tracklist  is speculative and has not been confirmed by the artist, look out for updates.