Kayla Vo
Kayla Vo
Co-Editor-in-Chief, Humor Editor, Website & Social Media

Graduating students get excited for upcoming senior trips

To mark the end of a wonderful yet terribly long four years of your life, summer calls for a new beginning, bringing change and hope for wherever you may head next. For some Tualatin High School (TuHS) students, summer get-aways are found in less common hangout spots, places uniquely fit for a final hoorah. 

For the dozens of seniors graduating this year, summer vacations allow time to reminisce, whether the destination is Mexico, New York, Seattle or Bend. These trips will create memories that will seal friendships forever and offer a chance to thank those who stuck with you through each phase of life. 

For one TuHS senior, summer is an exciting yet emotional time. 

“I’m heading to Sunriver over the summer with my friends,” they said. “I’m super excited but also sad to have a final hangout with my entire friend group before needing to live in separate states.” 

While friendships can last a lifetime, sometimes solidifying a relationship through an adventure can allow the bond to last throughout college and beyond. 

For other seniors, the school months were a better fit for vacation as opposed to summer break. TuHS senior Paige Olivares spoke about her time in Cabo, Mexico.

“I’d rather go somewhere sunny while it’s cold here,” she said. “We planned it about a year ago. I went with my whole family and my friend from last year. She’s in college now but she came with us.”

During these senior trips, make sure to remember your favorite people through photos, journals or videos that allow you to reminisce about the ending of the wonderful yet terribly long four years of high school, and to always be grateful for the relationships you made along the way.