Juliana Villanueva
Juliana Villanueva
Sports Editor

Highly anticipated Trader Joe’s fall food review: Buss or Bust?

Photo by Karys Gates

Trader Joe’s is the place to be this season with a variety of unique fall-spiced snacks and treats. TJ’s has a little something for everyone with vegan, gluten-free and dairy-free options, as well as maple and pumpkin flavored treats for pets! We decided to test some of their famous fall options and rate them on a scale of one to ten.

• Pumpkin Brioche Twist 8/10

This bread did not have much pumpkin flavor. It is very cinnamony, which makes up for the lack of pumpkin. It would be amazing as French toast or even toasted with butter. Although we were very excited about this snack, we were ultimately disappointed with the lack of flavor. 

• Pumpkin Blondie Brownies 9/10

Extremely buss. The brownie is very moist, almost underbaked. White chocolate chips and pecans inside add some extra texture and sweetness. 

• Apple Cider Donuts 5/10

These donuts did not satisfy our craving the same way that the famous Lee Farms apple cider donuts do. They are too dense, dry and lacking in freshness. However, they have a good amount of cinnamon and sugar coating that makes them bearable. 

• Pumpkin Spice Teeny Tiny Pretzels 8/10

These pretzels are super tiny and cute. The sweetness from the pumpkin yogurt coating and the salty pumpkin seeds make this the perfect fall snack. 

• Pumpkin Streusel Muffins (GF) 7.5/10 

These muffins are a great gluten-free option! They have pumpkin puree and spiced bits inside, which makes for a fun surprise. The spiced streusel on the top was the best part. However, the aftertaste reminded us that these muffins were gluten-free. 

• Pumpkin Spice Joe Joe’s Sandwich Cookies 7.5/10

After biting into these cookies, we were immediately hit with their intense sweetness. One bite was more than enough. The overall flavor was good, and they had the perfect amount of crunch while the filling was soft.

Overall, Trader Joe’s offers some tasty fall-inspired treats. They are not limited to sugary novelties and offer many savory options if sweet treats aren’t your vibe. Pumpkin bisque, fall leaf tortilla chips, pumpkin ravioli, harvest salsa and butternut squash mac and cheese are just a few of the non-sweet options provided. So, make sure to stop by your local TJ’s and get your hands on these limited fall items before they disappear!