Influential women in Tualatin student’s lives

Annie Pegis, Staff Writer

Influential women are everywhere. They are on T.V., in office buildings, in schools, at home and the list goes on. Every woman has the power and capability to impact and influence those around them. Oftentimes, these women don’t even realize the impact that they have on others and the importance of their actions. It’s essential that these women get the recognition they deserve and feel appreciated. 

One of the most influential women in my life is my counselor, Holly Poulivaati. Ms.Poulivaati is seriously the most kind, trustworthy and open person. Any time I’ve ever needed her, even if it’s just us catching up, her door is always open. No matter what we talk about, she’s always tuned in and makes me feel valued. I admire her in so many ways and am grateful to have a strong woman like her as someone that I can always go to. I definitely don’t know what I’d do without her throughout high school. 

Here are some other women valued by Timberwolves.

Q: Who is an influential woman in your life?

Randy Hall, senior 

A: I have met a lot of influential women in my life, but without a doubt my mom is the most influential woman I have ever met. To start things off, she has raised five kids, and it wouldn’t matter if she was sick or just needed some time to relax, she was always there for us.  Even when my dad was overseas for work, she always found a way to care for each of us. My mom has done everything from staying up late to help us with school projects that we waited to do until the last minute (sorry mom), to taking care of us when we were super sick or injured, and she even continues to maintain a degree in accounting. My mom Becky Hall is easily one of the hardest working people you will ever meet, and she has influenced my life in so many positive ways. So thank you, Mom, I know you will always be there for me, even if I can get a little annoying.

Maya Reiks, freshman 

A: The woman in my life who is the most influential is the woman I see everyday: my mom. Every morning she tells me to have a good day and every afternoon she asks me how my day was, and that always reminds me to reflect that positivity into my day. Even if she has had a bad day at work, she never shows it when she gets home.  She is always there when I need to talk about something little or something serious, and somehow she knows exactly what to say. I would not be the person I am today without my mom, and I will forever thank her for that.