How to enjoy a staycation

Naiya Gates, Staff Writer

When school starts to drag on and those three-day weekends start becoming more and more sparse, many students hold all of their hope in the promise of spring break. While a little escape and relaxation from routine is very necessary, make use of a staycation to stay on top of and prepare for the remaining school days. 

A good detox is always refreshing, and it comes in many forms. In some instances, juice cleanses are not always recommended, but a simple 3-day juice cleanse could be something new and interesting to try out. If done properly, there are multiple health benefits and people leave it feeling healthy and energized. To keep the health momentum going, meal prep and create an exercise plan for the upcoming school week.

A person’s style is always evolving, and so is their wardrobe. Replace a few heavy winter items with fresh spring pieces. A few thrifting apps that have recently grown in popularity include Depop and ThredUp, and they offer a wide selection of unique clothing (#notsponsored). Thrifting is also very helpful in reducing waste, but the online format does make spending money a little too easy.

Jumpstart spring Marie Kondo style. While making use of someone else’s unwanted items always feels good, there is also a certain level of satisfaction that accompanies decluttering closet space. Let’s be honest: that spacious closet is feeling not-so-spacious because it is crammed with 10-year-old Children’s Place tees. Sell those items on the same thrifting apps that you bought from and make a little cash; after all, one man’s trash is another man’s treasure.

Consider it lucky that a staycation is an opportunity to sleep in over the break, while some fellow students have to wake up at the crack of dawn each day for a sightseeing tour of Europe. Bleh! All jokes aside, take advantage of a week off of school to prepare to start the remainder of the school year off right.