One last time: “Keep on truckin’, T-Wolves”

Teddy Fronczak, Entertainment Editor

High school is a time to take risks, to take chances, to get involved in things you may have never thought about join-
ing, which could mean coming out of your shell. I believe that my involvement in high school activities has truly made my time at TuHS the best four years. Something a lot of people don’t know about me is that I came from a private middle school with only 21 eighth-grad- ers in my graduating class. Going into a high school with nearly 2,000 kids my freshman year, and only knowing two kids — yes, two 2 kids — was daunting at the time. I felt like everyone was already going to know each other, have their friend groups set, and I would be the “odd one out.”

That’s why getting involved was so crucial. I was lucky enough to be able to join ASB my freshman year because of the extensive leadership experience I had from middle school. This allowed me to get to know so many of my peers and gave me the opportunity to branch out. From here I just kept doing more and more. Trying new things, meeting new people, taking every opportunity.

I’m saying this because getting involved is truly what made my high school experience so incredible. High school really is what you make of it. If you want to try new things, want to branch out, do it! It’s four years of your life and those four years are what you make of them. Remember, I knew two people going into my freshman year. You can do it. Take risks, live for the moment. Although every little thing seems so big in the moment, it’s just high school. So just do it. Just go for it and believe in yourself. Make these years ones that you’ll remember for a lifetime. I know I will.

Thank you Tualatin High School and, one last time, “Keep on truckin’, T-Wolves.”