Online school isn’t for me

Cassia Tippett, Bilingual Editor

Mental health seems to be played around with, mistreated and ignored. It’s a sensitive topic, and people don’t know how to react or deal with the complexity of the situation. 

I struggle with my own mental health, as everyone can with their own. But the latest battle for me has been dealing with my mental health and preparing for online school. I am tired. Tired of putting my assignments before my mental health. Tired of staying up late online in front of a screen for hours on end and still getting a bad grade. 

I know that online school is important and it takes time and patience, but I don’t have any more patience left in me. I have never truly understood the feeling of missing in-person school until now. Some people appreciate online classes and more opportunities to be able to have their own personal time, but for me, learning on a screen isn’t enough. Having to learn a whole semester’s worth in a quarter is too much. I know being online is the second best thing, but when will we be able to go back to school? 

Mental health is at an all time low right now, with severe depression within teenagers increasing and the socially deprived state we’re in. Schools, elected officials, according to school staff, at TuHs, four hundred and twenty two students are failing more than one class. We have to change this. This is not working if people are failing. Stop trying to force a system on us that is not working.