Horoscopes propel us into the new year!

Cyrah Carlson, Staff Writer

Whether you know if “You’re such a Virgo” is an insult or compliment, horoscopes can help you better understand yourself and those around you. The dependency people have with zodiacs varies—some live by their daily horoscope and some take everything with a grain of salt. 

The rundown: a horoscope is a chart covering the philosophy of astrology that claims one’s birthday dictates life paths and events. The position of the stars in the sky the minute you were born says a lot about the type of person you become, according to astrology.

There are 12 zodiac constellations, each aligned with specific dates within the year. Those constellations are purported to determine one’s personality traits, habits and perspective. 

This month, we asked the stars: will this upcoming Valentine’s Day be a disaster? Will you be untouched by the pandemic? Will you pass through the first semester with all A’s? 

Maybe not all of these questions can be answered with the power of horoscopes. Though horoscope depictions are fairly vague, astrology is said to be reliable enough to reveal your soulmate. Zodiac signs can help you see whom you are most compatible with. 

January’s zodiac signs are Capricorn and Aquarius. If you were born in the winter months but don’t know which you are, Capricorn birthdays are Dec. 21-Jan. 19 and Aquarius dates are from Jan. 20-Feb. 18. 

Dear Capricorn people, you are ambitious! You tend to be well-disciplined, as well as pessimistic. This Valentine’s Day, Capricorns should consider a date that is a Virgo, Scorpio, Pisces or another Capricorn. 

My fellow Aquarius people, you are said to be rebellious, free-spirited and eccentric. We’re most compatible with Aries, Gemini, Libra, Saqittarius and other Aquariuses. 

No matter your zodiac sign or your significant other’s, go out this Valentine’s Day and have fun!