TuHS secret play debuts under the title “Found a Peanut” 

Juliana Villanueva, Staff Writer

Mysterious peanuts were found by several lucky Tualatin High School (TuHS) students on campus last year, yet these peanuts pointed to an even more exciting picture. The TuHS theatre team has been working on a play called Found a Peanut, but there’s a catch: it’s a secret play. What makes this play a hush-hush one is that the cast members and rehearsals are kept secret. 

“Last year, when we went to Theatre State, they did something very similar where they had different people from different troops each learn part of A Midsummer Night’s Dream, and then they all went up and performed it all together for the first time. I first saw the idea there, and [TuHS theatre director Jenn] Hunter brought it up to me because I wanted to direct a play this year,” senior Abby Beers stated. 

Beers directs the play, which will be a heartfelt comedy. According to Beers, her mini synopsis of the play is about younger individuals between the ages of 5 to 14 who experience their last day of school. 

“There’s a small fight scene and none of the members will have done this before with other people on stage, so there will be a lot of impulses and improvisation,” Beers shared. 

A fight scene being included into the play adds some tension to the overall plot, but the tension developed by the later-named characters will definitely play with the audience’s emotions. 

“There’s going to be some big surprises that the audience doesn’t see coming. I think it’s going to be a crowd pleaser,” Hunter-Tindle stated. 

On May 12, the once-in-a-life-time performance of Found a Peanut hits the TuHS stage. The play may not be a secret anymore — but instead, it may be a life-changing show starting with finding that peanut.