Andrew Gerlach
Sports Editor

Find some hidden gems in Oregon

As the sky clears up and the sun starts shining on us, the urge to do something outdoors is strong. There are a bunch of things to do here in Oregon, as it’s known for its nature and beautiful scenery. 

We at The Wolf interviewed students to see if they would be interested in telling us their favorite spots for this summer.

“A good spot that’s pretty well known in the Portland area is called the Witch’s Castle,” senior Jerry Cortez said. “It’s a hiking trail and has different routes. I believe there’s a 10-mile course and then a 2-mile one. I would recommend this if you’re with a small group and enjoy the scenery.” 

Some students were a little reluctant to share their favorite spots but finally gave in. 

“If you’re looking for a good Mexican ice cream place, I recommend a place in Beaverton called Ome Calli Frozen Treats,” junior Anthony Avila said. “I came across this while visiting a farmers’ market nearby, and I liked the selection of ice cream they had and the drinks they offered.” 

Some students prefer to find a new spot each time they venture out.

“I don’t have a specific place, but one of the things I’ve recently done to pass time with friends is finding new parks around the area,” junior Daniel Chinchilla said. “You never realize, but parks are everywhere around us. It’s always fun finding new parks and ranking them. A nearby park that’s in Sherwood is called Synder Park. It’s one of the higher ranked parks in my list.” 

As the school year is slowly coming to a close and free time is soon to be at an all-time high, now is the time to adventure out and find new places. We hope these few ideas from students will give you motivation to try finding new places. Farmers’ markets are also nice things to do this summer; see our farmers’ market review in the entertainment section for some ideas. Kayaking and hiking are only a few ideas to pass time this summer. 

A misconception is that these activities require a group of friends, but it can also be very enjoyable to find adventure by yourself.