Owner of tuhs.studentsection reflects on past, looks to future 

This image is @tuhs.studentsection’s most-liked Instagram post.

Marcus Ludes, Staff Writer

Tualatin High School’s (TuHS) student section may be built up by fans of the very successful basketball and football teams, but no one has put a bigger spotlight on themselves than @tuhs.studentsection has. The Wolf was able to get an interview with the graduating account owner, who provided us with information about the account over the past two years and what is to come.

The account is run by one person, but to maintain anonymity we will not be sharing any information about said person. They’ve stated that they do everything on the account; the graphics, posts and trash talking are all done with no assistance.

“I think the account made people want to go to the games a little bit more. [The account] made it a little more interesting when there was s–t-talking going back and forth with me and another school or players. I think everyone would want to show [up] to the games and see what would go down, so we can talk that talk.”

tuhs.studentsection is no stranger to talking trash, as there have been many notable feuds between them and other accounts, such as West Linn Rap, Westview Rap and Laker Army.

“I think I’m the funniest, easily. A lot of them are scared to post what would really be funny, what would really get people’s attention because of school restrictions. But I took the chance and posted what would get people’s attention and get them riled up for the games, and it worked. It helped me come up on top of the school Instagram account leaderboards.”

The account has around 900 followers as of press time, and it saw heavy growth in the past year. After the 2022 boys’ basketball team won state, the post garnered 713 likes, but as the back-to-back champs, tuhs.studentsection’s post raked in a whopping 1,283 likes, over 500 more than the previous year. 

Did the account owner expect such a jump in traffic?

“Not really. It started out as a joke. Noah Ogoli last year in strength class [told me], you’ve gotta make one of these accounts. You’d be the perfect person to run it. You could get people to come to games. We need people to show up this year. I made the first one, and the first couple games I was posting a little bit, and then it started to pick up a bit of steam. Then, of course, last year and this year, our basketball team was really good, so I was able to say whatever I wanted and our players were able to back it up, so that helped the account a lot.”

So what is to come for tuhs.studentsection?

“I am thinking about maybe doing a quick little face reveal. I think most people know who I am, but if you don’t, expect a face reveal closer to graduation…. I don’t think I’m going to pass the account off because I don’t really think that anyone could quite run it the way I run it, putting the effort in to make the posts and constantly messaging other accounts and posting on the story. I think I’m just going to keep it up as a little memorial, I don’t think I’m going to pass it off.”

Although some people know the true identity of tuhs.studentsection, there are many more who have been unaware of who in the school runs the account. A face reveal will be an exciting ending to the tuhs.studentsection account, as it’s doubtful that it will make its return next year. Can we expect someone else to try their own hand at an unaffiliated TuHS account, or will tuhs.studentsection be the only of its kind?