Olivia Beauchemin
Olivia Beauchemin
Photo Editor

The Wolf rates festive songs

As the holiday season approaches, so does the familiar sound of festive songs. These songs have the ability to bring people together in celebration. One of the best features of these festive songs is their timeless quality. Classics like “Jingle Bells” and “Feliz Navidad” have become symbols of the holidays. Including the upbeat rhythm of “All I Want For Christmas Is You” by Mariah Carey and “Mistletoe” by Justin Bieber, there is a song for everyone’s taste. 

“Jingle Bells” 

This one may remind you of your grandparents, who probably listened to it when they were younger. Jingle Bells is the OG of festive jams. With its catchy tune and easy-to-remember lyrics, it’s a solid choice for spreading holiday cheer. This song earns a 7 out of 10. 

“All I Want for Christmas Is You” by Mariah Carey

This iconic song brings pop to the festive scene. The upbeat tempo and Mariah’s stunning voice make it a modern classic. For bringing something new to our holiday playlists, The Wolf rates this song 10 out of 10. 

“Feliz Navidad” by José Feliciano  

This song offers a catchy blend of bilingual lyrics, making it impossible to not sing along. Whether you speak English or Spanish, this festive classic has the magical ability to unite listeners in the universal joy of the holiday season. This song earns  8 out of 10.

“Mistletoe” by Justin Beiber

Popstar Justin Belieber created a charming holiday song that blends his smooth voice with a cheerful melody. Released in 2011, the track’s catchy chorus and upbeat tempo make it an instant classic, perfect for festive celebrations. “Mistletoe” adds a festive touch to the holiday season and has rightfully earned its place as a beloved Christmas anthem. The Wolf rates this almost-perfect song 9 out of 10. 

In the end, rating festive songs is all about personal taste. Whether you’re into the classics, the slow melodies or the new hits, there’s a festive song for everyone. So grab your hot cocoa, gather your friends and create your own festive playlist. After all, the joy of the holidays is all about the music that makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside.