Jump into TuHS’s Spring Fling dance

Art by Frida Ruiz

Tualatin High School (TuHS) is throwing its first-ever “Spring Fling” dance this coming March. The Spring Fling dance is a spring-themed event where anyone is encouraged to ask anyone. 

We can also anticipate the upbeat music our DJ – English and IB film teacher Dustin O’Donnell – will play. If you know him, you know the music will get you moving. 

If you’re wondering, “What should I wear to the Spring Fling dance?” we have the answer for you. The dance will be semi-formal, so wear anything you feel comfortable and confident in. 

Junior ASB officer Kayla Vo is in charge of planning Spring Fling this year. 

“We didn’t choose to do a Winter Formal this year because winter is presumably sad and boring,” Vo said. “The timing would’ve been right around Finals Week, too, and the rest of ASB and I believe that with the seasonal depression and finals stress, an upbeat environment of a Spring Fling dance is what our student body needs.” 

Make sure your calendar is clear on March 8 from 7:30 to 10 p.m., and come enjoy our first-ever Spring Fling dance. It will be held in the main gym, and make sure to ask anybody your heart is telling you to. Lastly, make sure to dance the night away.