Parker Morgan
Feature Editor & Graphics Team

Graduation: the only verified cure for senioritis

Art+by+Lea+Olivares+Raudes+
Art by Lea Olivares Raudes

It is officially that time of year, when chronic senioritis will finally be cured. Walking (or tripping) across the stage with a diploma in hand is the only way to ensure complete rehabilitation from the brutal side effects seniors endured all year. 

The question that looms over parents, staff and students each year is: why is graduation so long? Is it the massive graduating class, the struggle to pronounce every student’s name or the endless recycled speeches that always seem to be a slightly tweaked variation of the same thing? Whatever the reason may be, nothing ever seems to be changed to make this event less than a decade long. Don’t get me wrong; the speeches are always SO motivational and have an inspiring message, but they usually sound the same. There’s only so many ways one can say, “Never give up” and “rise to the occasion.” Eventually, all the speeches mesh together, and no one can really remember what was said or who said it anyway. 

Also, if you struggle with insomnia, graduation is a suitable, non-addictive replacement for melatonin that will definitely fix that! Especially with this year’s 7 p.m. start time, you won’t have any trouble falling asleep after (or during) the ceremony. I don’t know about you, but that’s definitely going to cut into my essential sleep time.