Seniors on school pride

Ally Smith, Fold Editor

Sophie Bennet and Joel Erwen

Q: What do you think of the school pride at Tualatin?

A: The pride at Tualatin is very noticeable at Friday night football games. It’s shown through the large amount of people in the stands, and how ecstatic they get. Also, people are always wearing Tualatin merch in the halls.

Q: How does playing football affect your view of school pride?
A: It’s affected because Coach Lever tells us that we represent the Double T. Also, he tells us to play with class on Friday nights, which I feel correlates to how we represent. Coach Lever believes that the pride at Tualatin High School has changed since when he first arrived here when I was a sophomore, and that the school as a whole feels more unified.

Q: How do you think Tualatin’s school pride compares to others?

A: I believe that Tualatin’s pride is different because through the four years of being here, it has been seen by stickers on cars, people wearing Tualatin merch, coming to football games and all Tualatin sports. Whereas with other schools, their crowds may not be as enthused to be out supporting their teams with pride.

Q: Do you think that a school having a lot pride is important? How?

A: Having a lot of pride is good because it shows you care about your school and the people in it, and to be able to have Tualatin High merch or having a Tualatin sticker on your car shows you have pride. But you can also have school pride by showing up to events, or simply by just doing well in school.

Q: How would you rank Tualatin’s school pride out of 10?

A: I would give our school pride, based upon crowd size and how pumped they get, a 10/10 because the crowd is what makes Friday nights so special.

Sophie Bennett

Q: What do you think of school pride at Tualatin?

A: I would say right now our school pride is pretty good. It’s pretty high right now at the beginning of the year.

Q: How does being an ASB officer affect your view of school pride?

A: Since we deal with admin and the staff a lot, we have a more diverse version of school pride and a more mature mentality about school pride, and we try to stay positive against criticism.

Q: How do you get involved with school pride?

A: We try to be supportive of all of the types of activities that we have and the events that we host, and try to be involved with the school and stay positive.

Q: Are you proud to be a Timberwolf? Why?

A: Yes. Our school is probably one of the more welcoming schools, and we have Chromebooks!

Q: What would you rank Tualatin’s school pride out of 10?

A: 8/10