Andrew Gerlach
Staff Writer

Annual Tualatin High pageant to raise funds for Doernbecher begins

It’s that time of year again, when Tualatin High School Wolves support Doernbecher Children’s Hospital. The annual Timberwolf Pageant fundraiser’s goal is $15,000. If this goal is met, student and pageant-organizer Amity Humphrey promises to dye her hair red. 

This year, many restaurants have shown their support for the school’s fundraiser by providing students with an opportunity to support the hospital by donating a percentage of their sales. 

Between 5-8 p.m. on Tuesday, March 19, Tualatin’s Dave’s Hot Chicken will donate 25 percent of all orders to Doernbecher – no flier or code required. 

Mod Pizza in Wilsonville will accept the code MODGIVES25 on March 21 if you place an online order or show the flier – handed out on the same day – to a Mod Pizza employee. This code allows for 25 percent of your order to go towards Doernbecher, as well.

There are many participants in this year’s lineup, including our very own Newspaper Wolves, juniors Parker Morgan and Lea Olivares Raudes. The rest of the teams include the Dance Wolves, Friday Night Lights (FNL) Wolves, Art Wolves, ASB Wolves, Softball Wolves and Robotics Wolves. The Timberwolf  Pageant will officially take place on April 3 at 7:30 p.m. in the auditorium, where the audience will see the pairs participate in a talent show. 

Some pairs, such as the Newspaper Wolves, are creating donation bingo boards. For only $5, you can have an egg cracked on Olivares Raudes and Morgan’s heads. You can also donate directly towards the charity with the amount going to each of the teams by contacting Humphrey. All donations are tax deductible. 

Donors have until the end of the pageant to vote for their favorite Wolves by donating to them via their venmo/GoFundme links in their Instagram bios.