Create a summer bucket list with The Wolf 

Tualatin junior Amalia Zahl has lots of plans for this summer.

Emma Regimbald, Staff Writer

With the school year coming to an end, everyone is growing excited for more free time. While some of us already have our summer bucket lists and activities planned, coming up with things to fill all that free time can be difficult, especially after adjusting to the constant workload during the school year. That is why The Wolf decided to interview Amalia Zahl, a Tualatin High School junior and summertime enthusiast, to help bring you a list of fun ideas that you can add to your summer plans.

Hiking: Hiking is a wonderful way to spend your summer break outdoors. With all the beautiful scenery Oregon has to offer, hiking is an enjoyable way to exercise and marvel at the natural beauty around us. Amalia recommends Silver Falls State Park to anyone who is looking for an intermediate hiking experience this summer. 

“The waterfall at the end is super rewarding,” Zahl said. 

Water Sports: Whether you like to spend time at the lake, river or pool, summertime is great for enjoying activities in the water. Swimming is a great way to exercise and can be extremely fun if you explore new locations with friends and family. The Washougal River in Washington is home to several different swimming holes surrounded by beautiful scenery. Be sure to make safe decisions while visiting these locations. Kayaking is another way to enjoy the water this summer. It is also a great way to bond with your friends and family, as kayaking is an activity that requires teamwork. 

“It’s a great way to be active in nature without overheating,” said Zahl, who likes to kayak on the Tualatin River. 

Indoor Activities: If you are looking to avoid the heat this summer, there are plenty of fun indoor activities to fill your summer bucket list. Going to the mall with friends can be incredibly exciting any time of year, but especially during the summer months. 

“You can look for colorful summer clothes and cute swimming suits, and get ice cream afterwards,” explained  Zahl. 

Also indoors, Oaks Park has a roller skating rink that is a perfect place to escape the overwhelming weather. Other fun indoor activities include going to the movies, bowling or perhaps playing a board game at home. 

Camping: While it is not for everyone, camping can be an incredible way to try something more adventurous this summer. Imagine roasting marshmallows, telling stories and stargazing with your friends and family. 

“Everything tastes better when it’s cooked over a campfire,” stated Zahl. 

No matter how you decide to fill your bucket list, The Wolf hopes you have a great summer break.