Sam Dunn
Sam Dunn
Co-Editor-in-Chief & Art Editor

School records and massive personal bests set as Girls’ track team takes third in state

Track state is a competition where athletes leave everything they have on the field, often setting personal records or school records, performing and competing to a degree beyond their expectations. This year was no different, as the Tualatin’s girls’ track team placed third in all of Oregon and had many performances that contend for the best in school history.

Some of these notable performances include junior Campbell Brintnall’s new school record in the 100m hurdles, in a time of 15.42, senior Elizabeth Graham – the school record holder in both the long and triple jump – placing fourth in state in the triple jump in 37’ 1.75”, as well as third in state in the long jump, with a mark of 17’ 9.5”, as well as senior Lauren Ayers’ performances in both the 800m and 1500m distances.

The Wolf interviewed Ayers, who holds the school record in the 800m, 1500m and mile. The full story with this interview can be found on tuhswolf.com.

Amazing performances were not limited to the girls’ side, however; while the boys’ team did not place high in state, junior Vincent Sadhigi set a new school record in the open 400m, running a time of 48.67, senior Ethan Grimm placed third in state in javelin, and senior Cameron Lagrow placed fourth in state with a discus PR of 148’ 7.5”. 

At the final meet of this track season, all of the athletes who qualified put forth their absolute best, dropping exceptional performances. Everyone who went to state – whether they won, set a school record, or just competed at their hardest – raised the bar and paved the way for future Tualatin athletes who put in the same hard work to prove their excellence like our current athletes did at this year’s OSAA 6A State Championships.