Kayla Vo
Kayla Vo
Co-Editor-in-Chief, Humor Editor, Website & Social Media

Phenomenal senior athletes leave mark on TuHS

This ‘23-’24 school year has showcased the talents of our student-athletes in their sports. As we approach graduation, it’s important to recognize and acknowledge their achievements and hard work. Some of these varsity athletes have gone to great lengths this school year by earning titles and setting new records.

One of these super star seniors is Maya Promwongsa, who is the girls’ varsity golf captain. Not only has she placed first at both regionals and districts, but also has been awarded the title “Player of The Year.” Promwongsa has won many awards and medals outside of school. In her last year playing golf in high school, she finished 2nd in state. Above all else, she values the connections she’s made with her teammates. 

“This year has been really great,” Promwongsa said. “I had a lot of fun with my teammates in my last year.”

One of our phenomenal track athletes is Elizabeth Graham, who was given the title “Athlete of the Meet” at two of her large track invitationals. She was Jesuit High School’s Twilight Meet Triple Jump Champion in 2023 and has gone on to excel at long and triple jump, even being a national finalist for the jump as well as in the 4×100 relay. Though she was injured badly, she worked her way up and qualified for state again in the long and triple jump. At districts, she placed first in long jump and second in triple jump. Graham has been to nationals in her sophomore, junior and senior years.

“It’s been such an honor to compete with this team, and our coaching staff is unreal, too,” Graham said. “We’re genuinely the dream team, and I’ll never forget this experience.”

Excelling at one sport is already difficult enough, but athletes like AJ Noland prove it is possible to do well in multiple sports. Since sophomore year, his team has been state champs in basketball and state runners-up in football. He’s been part of a state champion basketball team twice now. In his senior year, his teams placed 3rd in basketball and 2nd in football.

“My thanks go out to everyone who has supported us along the way, and I will be grateful for all the memories that have been made,” Noland said. “Go Wolves!”